Monday, January 2, 2012

My Motto


"Love you to the moon and back!"
That is the title of my blog because that is my life motto. Other motto's say you should always give 110% on everything you do. This is great and all, but I am a visual learner, so how are a couple of numbers/symbol suppose to help me? Instead I must have a visual representation, for example distance. In this day and age we are constantly traveling from one place to another, whether that is going from class to class, to home, to your favorite vacation destination, people can visually see how far they have gone, and how much farther they need to go. A distance between point A and B is a perfect example to 'paint a picture' of the question "how much?"

When I love something, I put my whole heart into it. It drives me crazy when I see people that don't put their heart and soul into what their passion is. What are you doing then?!? A perfect example is doing a cannon ball into the water. In order to make a HUGE splash you cannot walk up to the edge, dip your foot in to test the water, and just fall in. No. You have to take a flying leap, risking how cold the water will be. 

As an aspiring teacher, I am always trying to find different ways to explain one thing. "Love you to the moon and back" does just that. By giving a student an auditory and visual way of interpreting something. YAY TEACHING!

This picture frame was given to me for Christmas by the wonderful twins Hanna and Emily. I have known them since they were a day old, and now they are sophomores in high school..WOAH! I love them both so much! We have been pen pals since my freshmen year at PLU and I always sign off with "love you to the moon and back." so to get this gift from them means so much to me. This picture frame will go next to my bed to I will see it every day and think of them both : D