Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cooking Lessons

On Saturday I was in a cooking mood, which is strange because I don't normally like to cook. I had looked through Linnea's recipe book before I left and picked out some dishes I wanted to make so I could eat something other than tacos and pasta when I got back to school. After going to the store to stock up on ingredients necessary for this cooking extravaganza, I was all ready to go. I was going to make: cowboy caviar, homemade sourdough bread, tater tot casserole, and two loaves of pumpkin bread.

Meet my mom, Gail


She is the best mom in the whole wide world and an amazing cook. My mom is the master muilti-tasker, queen party planner, hostess with the most-est, always willing to help, and the most loving person on the planet. As I started chopping ans stirring I realized that I didn't really know what I was doing. Without missing a beat she swooped in and taught me new cooking tricks as well as basic cooking tricks, like how to properly slice green onions. Apparently I have been doing it wrong all of these years. Well better late then never right!


This is the tater tot casserole AKA the best comfort food ever!


Here is my homemade bread  and a bottle of Riesling (and I am bringing the bread maker machine back to school with me...HOORAY!


The final taste test...D-E-Lightful, delightful! I didn't take a picture of my pumpkin break (because it was still in the oven) or my cowboy caviar but I will make them again soon.