Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"day light come and we don't wanna go home"

It is almost day light savings, my favorite time of year! Not because we lose and hour of sleep. That is the worst part. I love it because days extend, creating more opportunities and surprise moments. This was one of those surprises. On my walk home from choir, it was light out, with the birds chirping and the sun setting in the distance. The perfect way to end the day.


Then I switched my camera to a different setting. Look at the difference.

In an instant, things change. Happy to sad, light to dark. More often than not these changes are despised and hated because its not routine. I thrive on change! Yet I am a neat freak and have to have things in an orderly fashion. Why is this so? Because routine gets boring, and predictable. While predictable is good, where is the spice? The 'wowzer!' moment? The moment that takes your breath away? Where will these be? The power of change is undeniable and unpredictable, but so necessary in life. Take these two pictures for example: with a single touch of a button, the entire image is altered. It is our job to take this, and run with excitement thinking "what's going to happen next!?!"