Monday, February 20, 2012

Quote

Before I post a picture for today, I want to take a moment to thank an individual: Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser. He is an incredible speaker, music teacher, and motivator to all music educators. I got to listen to him speak this weekend at the WMEA conference and I am always blown away by the stories he tells that inspire me to be the greatest music teacher I can be. I just revived an email from him with information regarding music advocacy and this quote was in it:

"You cannot stay on the summit forever, you have to come down again. So why bother to go there in the first place? Just this; what is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees, one descends. One sees no longer, but one has seen. There is a way of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one say higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. We live and love by what we have seen." -Reme; Daumal

This quote is exactly how life should be lived. Always reaching for those memories of being at the summit, and bringing them in reach to those still to travel there.  I have one such summit, at EHS. 

With memories from that experience, I will continue to learn and grow. I cannot wait to student teach and climb that 'summit!" Both of these milestones for my major are crucial in my preparation for the best job in the world. I can't wait to be a teacher!