Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mani Poura

Mani Poura is defined as 'finding your center.' It is used in yoga, to channel your breath to the center, your heart. In addition to breath control in yoga, it is also defined as 'finding balance.' This 'balance' can be referred to as physical balance to do the many different yoga poses we do, or to find the balance in your life.


During yoga, I always light candles to 'burn off bad energy' and it was necessary this morning after having a rough night. An accumulation of bad energy and negative thoughts boiled up inside of me, and I made the bad decision to go to bed with that energy still inside of me. This mornings yoga session was just was I needed to unlock new positive energy as well as be surrounded by people I love: Kelsey and Rachel. Today, I need to focus on balancing that new found energy and moving it forward and to 'burn off' the negative Nancy inside my head....and maybe do another yoga session to relax and unwind.